Useful tips when driving on holiday in the UK and abroad.
- Make sure you are carrying the necessary equipment in your Volkswagen when traveling, particularly abroad, such as a GB sticker displayed on the back of your car.
- You will need to make sure you are aware of the speed limits and road rules for all of the countries you are driving through or in.
- Fuel prices can be more expensive in certain areas of the UK and in other countries so it is advisable to fill up your fuel tank before you set off.
- Driving long distances can be both exhausting and stressful. To avoid feeling this way try planning your journey in advance with planned stops along the way. This insures everybody gets a break from being in the car and the driver can have a short rest from driving.
- Road tolls can be quite common, particularly abroad. Make sure you know if the roads you plan to travel on will involve a toll fee and try to have the correct change to make life easier.
- Ensure that everyone in your Volkswagen car is wearing their seat belts, car seats are well fitted with child securely fastened in and that all luggage is secure.
- Technology such as Sat Nav or Mobile Apps are brilliant when planning a journey but it is also wise to carry a map of the area you are driving in, just in case technology fails you.
- Make sure you are carrying all the right paperwork with you such as driving licences, travel insurance, passports and V5 registration document if necessary.
- Keep your passengers happy. If you have children take enough toys and music to keep them entertained. Also take a supply of food and drink, this will come in most handy if you have to stop somewhere without facilities.
- Finally, make sure before you set off that your Volkswagen is in good condition. There is nothing worse than a holiday being cut short before you have even reached your destination due to a flat battery or something similar. Visit your local Sinclair Volkswagen retailer and have a Travel Check done for just �25 for peace of mind.
To book your travel check and / or air-conditioning service or for further information please contact us