You get a brand new car every three years. We will contact you a few months before your lease expires, and if you decide to continue with Volkswagen Motability, you can choose a car for your next three year contract (provided you are still eligible).
The following items are included with the Motability scheme:
The worry-free package provides similar cover to what you would expect under a fully comprehensive insurance policy. You can still lease a car even if you don't drive; you simply nominate two drivers who can drive on your behalf. And if you decide to leave Motability at a later stage, you can request a letter confirming your claims history to take to your new insurer.
Servicing and maintenance.
All of your regular service and maintenance is included and taken care of by us at Sinclair Volkswagen. So you'll have no unexpected repair bills with your Motability car.
Full breakdown assistance from RAC .
The RAC Motability Assist helpline and roadside staff are specially trained to handle your calls and are available on 0800 73 111 73, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Assistance is provided for recovery, either at the roadside or at home.
Annual car tax.
We organize the tax disc and have it sent directly to your home
For no extra cost we will replace tyres worn or damaged by normal use. We also provide a mobile service so your tyres can be replaced for no extra cost at your home or work.
Window and windscreen repair or replacement .
Should anything happen to your windows or windscreen you can get them repaired or replaced at no extra cost.
60,000 mileage allowance over three years .
You get 60,000 mileage allowance over three years with cars. However, if the total mileage is higher than the allowance when you return the car, there is a charge of 5p for every additional mile.
What's not included?
Although almost everything is included, please note you will be responsible for paying the following:
- Fuel and consumables; such as screen wash
- Optional extras not fitted as standard; such as leather seats
- Adaptations; some need an additional payment
- Insurance claims; there is a £75 minimum excess on any claim for loss or damage. This excess varies depending on the age and experience of the driver (full details can be obtained on application).
- Fines; any parking or speeding fines are your responsibility
- Theft of, or damage to, personal belongings; these include wheelchairs, coats or mobile phones (full details can be obtained on application)